Only took six months but, the rear shocks finally arrived this past week. I also managed to get the bat wing ready to blast. I will have to make a small extension for the blast box in order to fit the bat wing and torque arm.
I would have had the casting lines cleaned up on the bat-wing as well if I hadn't spent all morning chasing house wiring to find an open circuit in the kitchen. Oh well. The pumpkin is all cleaned up and ready to be blasted.
Case spreader worked flawlessly yesterday. The differential, bearings, and races all came out with ease. Managed to get the pumpkin degreased and clean today. I also chopped the ears off of the bat-wing and started erasing casting lines off of the pumpkin.
It's hard to get rolling after a week of relaxing at the cabin. I did get the case spreader finished today. Seems like quite a bit of work just to spread a case .010 of an inch, but it has got to be right. The thru bolts are a loose fit just to hold the fixture to the back of the case. The "pins" that I made from the 3/8 bolts will take the load and spread the case when the big nuts are turned.
2711 Mooresville Rd