Got the hinges back together. Unfortunately I killed the paint on them a little so I will have to touch them up later, but overall I think they turned out pretty decent. While waiting on the left drip rail to get here from California, I started to disassemble the motor and get it cleaned up for chassis mock up. Two days worth of grinding so far to clean up the casting. I should be able to finish up tomorrow, and be back on the sheet metal work Tuesday.
I'm in between coats of primer right now, so I figured that I would post a couple of pictures while I waited. The exhaust system works like a champ. I'll post some pictures tomorrow of what these pieces look like with some actual color.
The exhaust system is finished, and it flows half-way decent. Now to finish installing it. Fortunately I had some scrap lumber sitting around to help position the hood. Almost looks professional.
It's hard to be productive when someone you love is hurting, but the show must go on. I received most of the parts that I will need for the chassis mock up last week. Intake manifold, and engine accessories, seats and the new steering column. I will need all these parts in place to account for fit, and clearances. Meanwhile, I have been building an exhaust ventilation system so I can get these door hinges painted, reassembled, and used to make sure the lines are right on this rear sheet metal.
2711 Mooresville Rd