The right side quarter is about 90% burned in and the left side has had the first round of welds done. Just need to finish pulling the sheet metal screws out and fill the holes. The tail section will get welded in after the quarters are securely fastened to the car. I've also been cleaning up drive-train parts getting ready for the mock up. I'll start posting pictures of those pieces with the before pictures as I get the parts cleaned up. The calipers aren't done yet but you can see the progress. Takes quite a bit of soaking and scrubbing.
It was a pain getting all the sheet metal to line up, but I finally got it. Classic Industries is supposed to be taking care of me on the ill-fitting door. I don't know yet if it will be just a door skin or a complete door. I'll be burning in all this rear sheet metal over the next day or so.
Managed to get the doors hung today so I could check the body lines. I'm glad I did because there is a major issue. I have the tail 3/8ths of an inch too low, which is an easy fix. The major issue is that the door skins are mounted crooked on the door frames. That means I will have to cut the skins loose, realign, re-crimp, and re-weld them to the door frame. Shit.
Started cleaning up the block so I can install all the accessories and use the motor for chassis mock up. I replaced the right side rocker corner that was rotten and got it blended in. The left side drip rail piece showed up, so I managed to get a quarter of an inch added to the left side drip rail. And finally with the help of my good friend Boyd, we managed to get the tail section fitted up. Almost starting to look like a car again.
2711 Mooresville Rd