So I got the cart before the horse just a little. The sheet metal fits pretty good, but I need to get the door hinges rebuilt so I can attach the doors and make sure all the lines and gaps will be right. I also noticed that the driver side drip rail is a quarter inch too short, so I will have to add a short piece to it.
This is probably going to take me a couple of days. The lines fit nice, but the edges are a little off.
I removed the door striker braces to better fit the quarter panels. Being anal as I am, I needed to acid wash all the exposed metal and get it painted. I also managed to actually start fitting the new sheet metal. I think this thing might start to resemble a car again soon.
Been sanding and acid washing the left side the past couple of days. I should be fitting quarters and the new tail tomorrow.
Spent the past couple of days sanding and acid washing the rust out of the right side. Already have my patches made for the holes and will get them welded in tomorrow. Then its on to the left side.
A little more wire brushing, then I can acid wash this stuff and patch the couple of holes. After that I can fit up the quarters and finally start to build this monster.
2711 Mooresville Rd