Finished the tedious aluminum grinding over the weekend. I still have a couple of drive-train pieces to grind, but they are not nearly as intricate. Next step is to soda blast, wash, and polish. Unfortunately when I got the blasting box out this weekend I noticed that the gloves had rotten away. A new pair should be here in the next day or so. Today I managed to get the old wheel studs out of the wheel bearings, and press the new ones in. Turns out I had to ream every hole to get the proper press fit. Just a little bit of paint and they are ready to assemble.
Leave a Reply.
2711 Mooresville Rd