Just about finished polishing with the black emery. A good once over with the white diamond, and the new gears can get stuffed in.
A little polishing
Have quite a bit of hardware that needs to be cleaned up. The pumpkin has been blasted and I am currently wet sanding it. I moved the old oven to the garage so that I can cure the high temp ceramic paint that is being used on many of the brackets and hardware. Posts have been lacking because I have been having problems with my web connection over the past week. Hopefully that is fixed.
Bat wing ready to blast
Only took six months but, the rear shocks finally arrived this past week. I also managed to get the bat wing ready to blast. I will have to make a small extension for the blast box in order to fit the bat wing and torque arm.
Just been slack
Pumpkin is ready to blast
I would have had the casting lines cleaned up on the bat-wing as well if I hadn't spent all morning chasing house wiring to find an open circuit in the kitchen. Oh well. The pumpkin is all cleaned up and ready to be blasted.
Case spreader worked flawlessly
Case spreader worked flawlessly yesterday. The differential, bearings, and races all came out with ease. Managed to get the pumpkin degreased and clean today. I also chopped the ears off of the bat-wing and started erasing casting lines off of the pumpkin.
Finished the case spreader
It's hard to get rolling after a week of relaxing at the cabin. I did get the case spreader finished today. Seems like quite a bit of work just to spread a case .010 of an inch, but it has got to be right. The thru bolts are a loose fit just to hold the fixture to the back of the case. The "pins" that I made from the 3/8 bolts will take the load and spread the case when the big nuts are turned.
2711 Mooresville Rd